Expert care for complex musculoskeletal trauma
Orthopedic trauma is a branch of orthopedic surgery specializing in treatment of severe musculoskeletal injuries and related complications. Central Mississippi Medical Center’s orthopedic trauma surgeons treat everything from injuries following accidents and falls, to chronic orthopedic conditions and the most severe cases of multiple trauma. Our orthopedic trauma team draws on the expertise of other specialists as needed, offering high-quality, integrated care.
CMMC’s orthopedic trauma team uses the latest in surgical advances, including minimally invasive surgery for fractures and soft-tissue repairs. We provide a range of services, including:
- Complex soft-tissue reconstruction, including large tendon and muscle repairs
- Correction of post-traumatic deformities
- Treatment of acute, non-healing (nonunions) or improperly healing (malunions) fractures
- Pelvis and acetabulum surgery
- Minimally invasive bone grafting
- Reconstruction of pelvis/hip, foot/ankle and upper extremity
- Rehabilitative care to improve mobility, strength and endurance
Our orthopedic trauma team is focused on helping our patients regain as much mobility and functioning as possible.